Tuesday, October 6, 2009

double or nothing lunch


This lunch is a little bit of a gamble - I've sent cold green beans before and they did ok.  We are going to try the sweet potato fries and see how that does in a cold lunch.   These are sweet potatoes cut into strips, topped with a little butter and cinnamon and sugar mixture (barely any sugar), then baked in a foil packet.  I a debating heating them in the morning and wrapping in foil... to keep them hot... but then again there is yogurt in the lunchbox and I don't want that getting the heat from the potatoes. Oh, what to do, what to do.

Also in this lunch are green beans with almonds, yogurt topped with cinnamon raisin granola  and the last of the Funky Monkey samples we were sent.  They are the jivalime ones ( organic pineapple and lime juice).  My kids really liked all the flavors of these snacks.  I checked the local Kroger store for them the other day, but didn't see any.  I will keep looking!
If you are interested, you can check out the funky monkey snacks review and giveaway here.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't find any in my Kroger either. Sad sad sad! I hope the sweet potato worked out! My kidlet won't eat sweet potato in the bento because it won't stay crisp. He will however eat cold curry so go figure :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! My daughter loves sweet potatoes...I used to fry them but now bake them...she likes them with a little bit of olive oil and sea salt. Glad you are going organic!
    momsbestbets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! Great blog you have here!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin